Sponsor a Child with Plan, I do!

Sponsor with Plan - Help a child realise their potential

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Froglets





Is froglets a word? I haven't checked. Anyway it's only Saturday evening and so far,a busy weekend for me. After work on Friday I joined the Bristol Ornithologists Club visit to Stockhill on the Mendips where we hoped to see nightjars as it got dark. We did, but before then we walked through a marshy area where reed warblers were calling and I was amazed to see, hundreds of little froglets crossing our path. No longer tadpoles, these tiny frogs were making their way from the ponds to other places in the marsh. Because it was getting dark I hadn't taken my camera and so today, I went back again and spent the first part of the afternoon enjoying music, dance and ambiance at the Priddy Folk Festival then a short drive to Stockhill to photograph the frogs. First picture a group of "Appalacian Line Dancers" from Worcester, next the froglets, then the sign explaining the 2000 year history of lead mining on the Mendips and finally a Cinnabar moth caterpillar on Ragwort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting!
and it seems you got used to your camera... ;-)
best wishes from austria
johanna

Moobear said...

Hi Johnny,
I wanted to let you know that the ole lady across the water is enjoying your site. Enjoy the pictures. Keep up the good work.
God Bless!