Sponsor a Child with Plan, I do!

Sponsor with Plan - Help a child realise their potential

Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Photo of the Day


Yesterday was my Bithday and so I took the day off and had a drive out of Bristol to see friends, returning in the evening in time to go to my regular Geology class and learn all about stratigraphy again. This beginners/refresher course is run by a very knowledgeable Dr Allan Insole who lectures for the full two hours with many slides illustrating the subject. I had last studied Geology in the 1980's with the Open University and find that there have been some improvenents and clarifications to the science over that time.
Anyway - here is a geological photo to greet the day! It's the Gullet Quarry pool at the southern end of the Malvern Hills, some of the oldest rocks in Britain.

No comments: