Sponsor a Child with Plan, I do!

Sponsor with Plan - Help a child realise their potential

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Maundy Thursday

I'm not a great monarchist these days, but I admit to being proud that Britain still has many quaint and quirky traditions. Today is no exception. The Queen, every Maundy Thursday goes to a different cathedral to distribute specially minted Maundy coin to as many pensioners as she is old. This year she is visiting Guildford Cathedral for the event, so she can stay in bed a little longer this morning as that is quite near Windsor Castle. This morning I looked to my usual web information source for this kind of information but the BBC site failed me, telling me where the Queen had been in previous years, but I couldn't find where it was to be today. In the end Google "of course" came to the rescue and gave me the link above.

No comments: