Sponsor a Child with Plan, I do!

Sponsor with Plan - Help a child realise their potential

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Jazz at the Old Duke





For many years the world famous jazz pub The Old Duke in Bristol's historic King Street holds an August Bank Holiday Jazz Festival. Jazz bands play to appreciative audiences in the open air between the Duke and the older pub, the Llandoger Trow which is only too pleased to sell more beer to the jazz goers.
I spent a very enjoyable time yesterday afternoon, chatting, having a beer, listening to the bands and taking a few photos. It is a wonderful event for people watching; families, students and jazz lovers of all shapes and sizes pack the end of King Street, sitting on the cobbles or on the benches outside the two pubs. It's a date again for next year! ;-)

1 comment:

Maryam Ahmadzadeh said...

Dear Johnny,
You have a very nice blog. I enjoyed visiting it. I look forward to more! And this is my blog:
http://www.maryblessings.blogspot.com
I'd be glad if you visit it and comment on it!

Best,
Maryam